Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The madness begins...

The month of October is going to be nuts for us. We're gearing up for YarnFest, trying to get the new bathroom in shape in time, and I'm looking at a little business travel inbetween. On top of this, my mother-in-law and two of her best friends (JoAnn and Nancy) are on their way to NY as I type this to spend the weekend with us. J&N are practically aunts to Beth & I and we absolutely love having them up to the house. Some of our most memorable travel memories have been with some or all of this crew, so I have high expectations that this weekend will be no different.

Well, in preparation for their arrival, I've had to delay some of the planned bathroom work that I mentioned in my last post in favor of cleaning up alot of my construction messes. For example, the den/bedroom was my construction staging area, so in order for someone to sleep there, it needed some TLC. This was actually good timing though since it forced me to put alot of stuff I didn't need anymore away.

I did get a good start on the shower, but only managed to get the trim work done. The panels each have to be custom cut to fit, so I decided to wait until I had a little more time to concentrate. I only get one shot to get this right, so I can't mess it up. I may get back in there tonight, after I clean the 'working' bathrooms :-)

BTW...the Red Sox magic number is down to 3 after our win & the Yankee loss last night. It's been a rocky ride the last month or so, but at least they've clinched a playoff spot. Now the October fun starts!

No comments: