Monday, September 3, 2007

Can I get an Amen????

I heard a story from NPR yesterday in the "This, I Believe" series. Usually, these stories are testimonials of someone's convictions and/or experiences. This one is no different, except for one thing...It was about barbecue! That's right, kids. Good old fashioned barbecue. While I was listening to it, I found myself nodding, smiling, and sharing the joy. For all of you other barbecue lovers out there, you must listen to this:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4827993

I couldn't have said it better myself. Makes me want to go fire up the smoker! Happy Labor Day All!

1 comment:

Eric K. said...

Amen, brother Joe! Preach on! And it didn't hurt that I while I was listening to it, I could look out on the patio and watch the hickory smoke billow out of the smoker, while 11 pounds of pork and 14 pounds of chicken slowly turned golden with smoky goodness. I believe in good barbecue, and I believe it's time to eat!