Monday, September 17, 2007

Great Weekend

We had a marvelous weekend. Celebrated E's 13th birthday with most of the upstate 'clam-steam' folk on Saturday. This made up for Beth & I missing the ACTUAL clam steam a few weeks back. The photos we took on Saturday are up on the gallery, plus Beth has a cool post as well. Even better is a URL to our first-ever YouTube video post. Yippee! You can imagine our glee when it worked. I was playing around with the video mode on the new camera and was amazed at how good they came out. I learned a valuable lesson though...640x480 video mode EATS memory space. A 20 sec clip was over 40 MB! Next time I think I'll go 320x240. I'm sure it will look fine for YouTube viewing, and likely won't take near as long to upload.

Even before we headed over for the birthday shindig, I made a new batch of beer. I racked a Fat Tire amber ale clone recipe that I got from Northern Brewer. I can't get this beer where I live since New Belgium Brewing doesn't distribute east of the Mississippi River (they're located in Ft. Collins, Co). It's one of my favorite beers, and I try to have one whenever I'm traveling west. The goal is to have it ready by the time our distinguished knitting guests arrive. It's gonna be close, but I'm hopeful that we'll all be able to enjoy a glass or two together!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is Fat Tire Amber in my fridge RIGHT NOW. Nyah, nyah.

But we don't know how to build a bathroom from scratch, so I think you're coming out ahead, really.