Wednesday, November 7, 2012

So much for my optimism

It became abundantly clear last night around 9 PM that Obama was going to be re-elected.  However troubling that fact was to me, it still wasn't as nearly as important as why he was being re-elected.  He and his campaign staff pulled off a masterful job of bait & switch, completely convincing millions of Americans that Romney wasn't likeable enough nor trustworthy enough to be president.  What what what?????  The Republicans also failed to realize (again) that you need more than white men to elect presidents these days. 


One of my co-workers summed it up nicely this morning.  If you're not a likeable guy, you have no chance of ever becoming president.  Last night proved this point.  Our gullible, under-educated electorate would rather have a clinically arrogant rock-star than a solid, results-oriented businessman.  Unfortunately, these same people likely won't bear the brunt of the impact his incompetence will continue to bring over the next 4 years.

Now I'm willing to entertain the possibility that I will be pleasantly surprised over the next fours.  Please pardon me while I hold my breath...

No comments: