Monday, November 12, 2012

More Kegs!!

Saw a post on the brew club forum yesterday that a friend was getting out of brewing.  Despite my sadness that a friend would no longer be brewing, I had the good fortune of purchasing some of his equipment that he no longer wanted.  I picked up 6 used 5-gal ball-lock corny kegs at a very good price.  For anyone famliar with homebrewing, finding used corny kegs in decent condition is getting harder and harder since Pepsi has all but sold their past inventories.  I now have 12 kegs total (10- ball-lock & 2- pin-lock), which should satisfy my brewing needs forever.  I'm thinking of selling the pin-locks though since it's a hassle to have full sets of each type of dispensing hardware.

I also brewed my Oatmeal Stout again yesterday.  Had a great brewday And picked up 4 gravity points due to increased efficiency in my sparge (77.5% for 1.064 OG).  Decided to use whole Delta hops in this beer since the English Bitter recipe with them turned out so well.  This beer should be ready by Thanksgiving, just in time for our dinner guests to try.

No comments: