Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bathroom Chronicles, Vol. 6

Hello All. Long time since I posted about the new bathroom. It's mostly because I'm lazy, but also because the bathroom itself is done (well, 98% so anyway :-)).

One peripheral task that's been sitting out there is the wall on the other side of the new shower stall. I tore the wall out to allow the plumber's to run the new pex supply tubing and PVC drains and vent. Ever since, we've been looking at an open wall with framing and pipes. Well, no more! I decided to close it all in by extending the hallway to the attic doors and building a soffit to enclose the new heat register that was recently installed. Here's some photos of the work in progress:
Shower wall with new framing and first piece of drywall
Bare Soffit around register
funky view of the rear of the soffit
New wall with drywall installed
Finished rough-in of the soffit with drywall and tape
Rear-view after taping
What I have left to do is about a week's worth of mudding and sanding, followed by new paint. By the time Snarktoberfest, the Sequel comes about, it should look all spiffy. Here's hoping that comes true!

5 comments:

Betharoopie said...

You know, other than being mighty pissy with me that day, you did pretty good work. ;)

Lorena said...

I am raising a beer in your direction!

Unknown said...

I have no idea what you just accomplished, but I am nevertheless impressed.

Eric K. said...

I'm impressed, too. Especially since you can do good work AND be pissy! I'm glad, too, that you can get motivated and enthused to do mudding and taping. Not me! Well, the mudding's not too bad, but I can stand the sanding. And most attempts I've made at taping have been less than successful. Congrats on yet another nice job on the old homestead!

Anonymous said...

Our bathroom stayed 98% complete for, literally, 3 years!! It took us putting our house on the market to get the molding around the door! Well done, Joe! Sorry about the pissy part, Beth!
Kristin