Saturday, April 14, 2007

Tucson

Remember way back when I blogged about finally getting some head? (in my beer, you perverts...) I know, it's been a while. Well, at the end of that post, I lamented having to take a film camera with me on my trip to Tucson. During the lag of having to remember to take the film in to get developed, waiting for the HS kid behind the counter to do his magic, and remembering AGAIN to go pick up said film, over a month has gone by. A month! By digital standards, I'd having taken 1000 photos and blogged up at least 5 posts. I'm such a spoiled kid...But alas, my rant much end and I must share some cool pics I took while out there.

I was lucky enough to go to Tucson with some seasoned visitors. Several from my company make the annual pilgrimage to the Waste Management conference so over the course of the last 5-6 years, have discovered many cool day trips in the surrounding desert and mountains. On the Sunday I was there, we drove east a few hours to Chiracahua National Monument.

It's the former home of the Chiracahua Apache Indians from as far back as the 1400's (remember Cochise & Geronimo? Chiracahua Apaches). In addition to the historical context of the place, it also has some amazing geological formations, which look like stone towers rising out of the ground.

The only downside to this day was that we didn't have enough time to truly enjoy this place. We had to get back to Tucson by 4 in order to attend the conference reception. Work is always getting in the way of fun...

Next year the conference goes to Phoenix. I've never been there either so I'm hoping I get a chance to go. I've already heard great things about the red rocks of Sedona...

1 comment:

Eric K. said...

Film???? Oh yeah... I remember film! Would you believe it's been almost 4 years since I last shot a roll of film? BTW - nice pictures! Guess I need to add Tucson to my list of places to see.