Sunday, October 12, 2008

Catching Up

I've been back out in Vegas for the last 2 weeks, doing the same job I've been working on for the last 2 months or so. Not much has changed since my last post, with the exception of my 401k going in the toilet thanks to the bums on Wall Street and in Washington.

One good thing that has happened since then is a change in work schedule that now gives me both weekend days off instead of just Sunday. This was such a welcome change, since it gives you an opportunity to go out and do something fun on weekends instead of just doing laundry and catching up on sleep. Well, this weekend my buddy Shawn and I decided to trek up to Zion National Park in Utah to hike around a bit and do some sightseeing. It's only 2.5 hours from Vegas, so we drove up on Saturday to see as much of it as we could. From everything I had heard, Zion is unbelievable and shouldn't be missed. This was so true.

We took hundreds of photos throughout the day, as we hiked up Angel's Landing and walked along the Riverside Trail. We packed in as much as we could in just a few hours since we knew it was supposed to rain in the afternoon. Actually, it started snowing about noon! Luckily, we got through the toughest part of the hike before it started. Otherwise, we would have been in for a very rough day. Here's a link to the photos.

We had a great time, and have the sore muscles to show for it. I hope to get an opportunity to go back again and see more of the park. There's so much to see, plus it's really close to Bryce Canyon and Grand Canyon NPs. Hopefully, I'll get back here soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was awesome seeing your pictures from Zion! What an incredible day!!
Hugs~~Kristin