Thursday, November 22, 2007

Look What I Got!

Yep. That's what they call in these parts 'One Kick-Ass Snowblower'. I was the major recipient of some good will last week when our Friend Todd let Beth know that he was getting a new one and wanted to give his "old" one away. Well, this isn't what I was expecting. For being 'old', this thing is awesome...8 HP, electric start, hand controls, you get the picture. For a guy who's never had one of these, I am feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. Many thanks to our Upstate Mom & Pop for this fine gift as we later found out that this belonged to them. THANK YOU!! I'm actually looking forward to our first major snowfall just so I can run this big bad boy around the driveway!!

As you may expect, it's been rather quiet on the master bath front. I've been traveling quite a bit lately and we've also decided to take the plunge on the furnace replacement. I did manage to make a little progress this morning while Beth was making Mac & Cheese for Thanksgiving dinner...

These are the new mirrors and flyover lights. They have the same finish as the vanity and storage cabinet that will eventually grace this room, in case you're wondering how this whole experiment may look when it's done. Hopefully within my lifetime it will be.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you all have a fun-filled day with your families and get plenty to eat in the process.

3 comments:

Pam said...

How do you like the flyover lights? Or, more importantly, does Beth like them? :)

Eric K. said...

I heard the weather was turning nasty up there - guess you'll get a chance to break-in that new snow-throwing beast!

Joe W said...

Pam - I actually like the flyover lights more than I thought I would. Initially, I thought they'd be too big. But now that they're installed, they look really good. The halogen lights do a nice job of providing soft light too, compared to the fluorescents in the recessed overhead fixtures.